Monday, December 10, 2012

Serendipity and Direction: Paradoxical Partners

          Prologue, Part 2

          While navigating back to my blog, The Ten Directions, I realized that there may be other writings with the same title. Not wanting to infringe on anyone else's intellectual property, I typed Ten Directions in and actually got goose bumps when I realized that I was the one being led in the right direction. I learned that there are the Buddhas of the Ten Directions mentioned in the Lotus Sutra (Johnson, 2001).* I just need to say that any similarity between my personal idea  to the Buddhist concepts is highly serendipitous. In my version, I aim to reframe the Ten Commandments to the Ten Directions with the intention of enlightening those who desire to broaden their spirituality and find their purpose without having to convert and abandon an essential part of their past. Maybe Buddha, God, or whomever is in the Universe watching over me knows that it is my sincerest desire to be an instrument for this Great Plan. There is no doubt that there is One True Being that touches us in different ways through different faiths. I feel truly blessed to have been touched on more than one dimension.

*Source: http://www.tientai.net/teachings/dharma/buddha/10directions.htm. Retrieved December 10, 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment